5.02.2013

babies, babies, babies

I have several friends who are expecting babies right now and it is so exciting! Some will be first time moms, and others are already fully initiated into motherhood.  With me expecting our second child, I feel strange to put myself in that category.  I DO NOT consider myself a seasoned professional by any means, I'm just barely over 14 months into the gig and struggling at times. But alas, baby #2 is on the way, so here I find myself in the bunch of girls that are expecting.

All of this has me thinking about pregnancy, labor, breastfeeding, and all things baby. These are all topics that I talk about on the reg with other mama friends.  This is my life now, so these conversations could (and sometimes do) have me going ALL day long.

Part of me feels like I don't know anything about this baby stuff. I'm in the throws of learning all about toddlerhood, that sometimes babyhood (especially having a newborn) feels like it was years ago.  But it wasn't.. only one to be exact!  This time last year I had a 2 month old and finally was confident in breastfeeding and was starting to get some sleep... maybe. That sleep part is all very hazy, which is probably a good thing.

I started pinning some things on Pinterest this morning and went back and forth between 'things to keep your toddler busy' to 'what to pack in your hospital bag.' The baby stuff started to come back to me, so I thought I would do a series of posts about some baby things to get my memory going.  If you aren't into this kind of thing, sorry! Just ignore the next few posts.

I feel a little silly posting these things because I read 'real bloggers' writing on these topics and there are actually people out there (me included) who take to heart what they say.  Who am I to write down my thoughts on the internet?  Who even reads this blog besides a handful of friends and family? This is mainly for me to have a record, and perhaps someone who is expecting can have some unsolicited advice (as if you don't get enough of that while pregnant.) Or maybe it is for some mamas to look back and remember what it was like to have a newborn at home. Hopefully someone out there will get something out of what I write.  But if not, its for me anyways - my outlet!

Pregnancy is such a joyful time.  Even through all of the tiredness and nausea in the beginning, and a huge belly, swelling ankles/feet and lack of sleep at the end, it is such an exciting time of expectancy. Sure, you should hold off on all the extra caffeine and stay away from your favorite wine or beer.  But, man do you have great hair!!!

Seriously though... think about it. New life. You are doing something that is greater than yourself. Creation within you. It's pretty awesome.


Jesse and I have been talking a lot about how many children we want.  For now I am trying to enjoy this pregnancy, whether it is my last or not.  I want to cherish it regardless, because it goes by so fast and before you know it, life changes, and to be quite honest I'm a little scared of how ours is about to change.

Stay tuned for more baby talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment