Today we had a huge feast to celebrate the 4th. We grilled burgers, baked up some sweet potato fries, made a salad with homemade ranch dressing, and had grilled corn and soybean salad. We even made homemade strawberry cheesecake ice cream! I want to share the recipe for the grilled corn and soybean salad with you because it was our favorite!
Grilled Corn and Soybean Salad
- 1 (12 oz) package frozen soybeans (edamame)
- 2 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1 small red onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thick rings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook soybeans according to package directions; drain and cool completely.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Grill corn, covered with grill lid, for 15 minutes or until done, turning every 4 to 5 minutes. (Some kernels will begin to char... Yum!) At the same time, grill onion and bell pepper, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool all vegetables completely.
- Cut kernels from cob. Chop onions and bell pepper into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Stir together mayo and next 5 ingredients. Stir in soybeans, corn, onion, and pepper pieces. Add salt to taste. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.