4.03.2011

P.S.

How could I forget about Friday night???

Alex, Kelley, Jesse, and I met up with Casey and Laura in Tuscaloosa to see:

Band of Horses
and

The Avett Brothers
at

The Tuscaloosa Amphitheater

and it was AWESOME.  This was the first show at this venue and other than some sound issues at first, it was a GREAT show!  Band of Horses and The Avett Brothers are both so great and so entertaining.    I love these bands even more after seeing them live. If you EVER have the chance to see either of them, I highly recommend it!  

Also, people watching at concerts is also fun.  We were surrounded by: the couple very "in love" (or maybe just really into each other), the older couple that really sticks out (where it was very obvious the wife wanted to be there and the husband wanted to be anywhere else), the very annoying Alabama fans (but I mean, we were in Tuscaloosa, so that is to be expected), the two girls that new every word to every song who jumped the whole time (complete with mom next to them, who also knew all the words), and the couple who seemed to have just broken up (awkward).  

I have been listening to the Avett Brothers almost non stop since I got home.  I guess that's the sign of a good concert!  If you don't know who they or Band of Horses are, go get their albums NOW!  
You won't regret it.




No comments:

Post a Comment