3.23.2012

One Month


Hello!  Turner is officially ONE MONTH today!  Which explains why I have been slacking on blogging.  There are few hours (or should I say minutes) in the day that I have to myself, so those have been spent sleeping, showering, doing laundry, and cleaning.  I am learning the huge sacrifice of motherhood... especially being a breastfeeding mother.  I'm sorry if you have called and I have been slow to responding.  

Before I go any further, let me give a HUGE shout out to Jesse.  I don't think I could do this without him... no, I know I couldn't do it without him.  He also has had his hands quite full recently, balancing being a Dad with writing his thesis, defending his thesis, and upholding a teaching assistant position. Great news... he defended yesterday and is officially DONE with his masters!  I am so proud of him!

Ok, picture time!  I thought I would have all of these great shots taken on our real camera, but reality with a baby is that your hands are so full that you would need 1 or 2 more hands to be able to work a real camera!  Especially if your baby loves to be held like ours does.  So, the next best thing?  The camera on our phones.



Last weekend when some friends from Memphis came to town to visit, we took Turner on his first restaurant outing to Strombolis!  He was in a happy mood and the weather was gorgeous, so we enjoyed some pizza on the back patio. Thankfully, the car ride put him to sleep, so he was out the entire time we were there.  

Life is so hard.


The next day, my parents came to visit and keep Turner while Jesse and I went on a date! They say that they wanted to help us out, but really I think they just wanted to hold this sweet baby. 

The face he is making here cracks me up.


I was sad when they left for 2 reasons: #1. I was genuinely sad they were leaving.  #2. They were taking my car with them because my Dad is going to sell it for us in Jackson.  We will not need two vehicles in D.C., so we decided to go ahead and try to sell mine.  This will be one less thing to have to do in May/June when we are trying to pack up our lives and move.  My car is starting to have issues - I mean, come on, it is 14 years old and has over 227,000 miles on it - so we want to go ahead and sell it before we have any serious issues with it.  Still, I was sad.  I've had it for 7 years and have so many wonderful memories in it!  

And then there was one.


So, there's a quick update for you!  I'm starting to make a list of what are my "must have" items.   Soon I will be doing a post with my favorite items that have made being a mother easier.   


HAPPY ONE MONTH TURNER! I can't believe that you are one month old today. This has been the hardest month of my life... but the best.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment