10.16.2011

Turkey Black Bean Chili

I made this chili last week and several people have been interested in the recipe, so I thought I would post it here!  Kelley introduced me to this chili recipe and it is delicious! Its kind of a combo of soup and chili in consistency.  Fall is here which makes me excited for fall/winter foods!

Turkey Black Bean Chili
total time: 30(ish) minutes
serving size: 6-8

  • 1 large sweet onion, chopped
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 4 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 3 (15 oz) cans of black beans
  • 2 (14.5 oz) cans of petite diced tomatoes
  • 1 (14 oz) cans low sodium chicken broth
Saute the chopped onion and ground turkey with the olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often, 8-10 minutes, until the turkey crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in chili powder, ground cumin, salt and pepper; saute 1 minute.  Drain and rinse 2 cans of black beans, but do not drain the 3rd.  Stir in drained and undrained beans, tomatoes, and chicken broth.  Bring to a boil; cover, reduce, and simmer for 10 minutes.

Delicious with freshly grated cheese and fritos! 

This is a busy week for us in the English family - Jesse has a ton of design work and a 3d model to complete along with a final and a 20 page paper.  I have my comps, which I must pass to graduate.  Eeek.

Also, my sister sent me this rug and I LOVE IT.  This might be the inspiration for the baby's room! We go to the doctor this WEDNESDAY and will get to have another ultrasound.  Very excited! Maybe it will give us the inspiration to finish the week strong.  I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey lil momma! Glad you still blog! Love hearing about the baby! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete