Quick and Easy Grilled Shrimp
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled, deveined, rinsed, and drained.
- Mince the garlic with the salt.
- Mix with the cayenne and paprika, then form into a paste with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Toss in the shrimp and allow them to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill to high heat, then place shrimp onto skewers. **(If using wooden skewers, make sure they have soaked for at least 30 minutes.)**
- Cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes per side or until they turn pink.
Tonight, I served the shrimp with squash and zuchinni sauteed in olive oil with salt and pepper. Also, had a salad with a homemade Italian Vinaigrette --- amazing... very easy, very light.
Combine the following:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste